Wednesday, November 17, 2010

3 days, 11 hours, 37 minutes and 37 seconds

My birthday is in 3 days11 hours37 minutes and 37 seconds!!! So I have not told my friends what I want for my birthday because I don't know. The only thing I do know is that I will be making cupcakes to bring to school and I am having a small dinner in boston with 4 or so of my closest friends! (Since it is expensive, my mom limited me...)


Its weird... have you ever thought about how when you are little and even up into your early 20's, your birthday is a big deal and really exciting, but then once you reach about 30, its more like "oh my birthday is tomorrow..." and "No I will not turn 30, I'm staying 29 forever." Besides surviving a whole other year, what is there so celebrate? I guess it's exciting because it is the day you were born and brought into this crazy world... but, I don't know. I think it is an excuse to celebrate yourself and get presents. I'm not saying I don't like it, who doesn't like gifts and a whole day about them? I guess it is one day out of the 365 where you know you are unique and loved.


What is your take on birthdays? 

1 comment:

  1. read tuesdays with morrie and then talk about it...hi mols.

    ReplyDelete