Monday, January 24, 2011

Friends... Forever?

I don't get something. How come when two people are friend, and one treats the other really badly, the one being treated badly always goes back to the bad friend? It just doesn't make sense in my mind. If I had a friend that was treating my terribly, then I would either talk to the, or give it some space... or something. I wouldn't follow them around like a puppy dog. I'm sorry that was a little unneeded, but I have been noticing it a lot between people in my grade. Like it is everywhere. One person is a bad friend and the other one is an amazing friend. The amazing friend always finds away back to the bad friend... I mean I understand best friends since forever, and all that stuff but... I just hate to see people allowing their closest friends to treat them like they are nothing. I guess I don't get my own age? 

Also, don't you hate looking at old pictures of yourself with your, then, best friends, and thinking about that huge fight, or big move? It tears me apart. I was looking through a stack of old pictures from all different ages of myself with my old friends. It makes me sad how I think about how amazing our friendships were, and how stupid the end probably was. I guess when you look back at old pictures, you don't think about the faults in the relationships... but I can still miss those good times... right? The hardest part is seeing that BFF now, talking about her new best friend- who isn't you. And even if you were to become friends again, through some twisted fate, it will never be the same. And when you hear that friend talking about how upset she was about something or how she cried over a fight, you know you can never be that shoulder to cry on, that person to wipe away the tears over mean girls and stupid boys again- no matter how much you would like to. You will always be making new best friends, but will still have those old pictures to look back at and say "what if we didn't have that fight" or "What if I hadn't moved." But you can't get lost in the what-if's. Keep moving forward, and don't have regrets.
\
 "Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened.


Sorry about the mushy gushy post. I sorta of just flooded out of my hands. I fun post coming soon. 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment