Thursday, June 30, 2011

Summer Days

     I feel like I have been saying this too much lately, but sorry I have not posted recently. It's not that I have been busy, I just lose track of time. This Summer, days go by so slowly, but then its night time, and I don't know where the time has gone. I haven't been up to much. My friends are all either at camp, or in The Cape. My mom and brother are at a golf tournament, and since my sister and dad work all day I have no ride anywhere. So far this week I have packed for my trip which I leave for on Tuesday, picked out books I want to read, and attempted to edit my iTunes, but gave up on account of the 3000+ songs in my library. I also went night swimming with two friends at one of their houses. The pool was absolutely freezing, and it took three hours to regain my body heat. Today I went to the bank to pick up my debit card which my dad hadn't realized he already got in the mail, burn toast which set the fire alarm off, and watched the show Bizarre Foods. I wrote letters to my friends which basically restated what this post says.
     The only some what interesting thing I have done recently, is make dinner for my dad and sister. I found some recipes online, and decided on sesame-orange shrimp. If you want the recipe click here. It was surprisingly easy: First you mix cornstarch, salt, pepper, egg and sesame seeds in a bowl. Add the shrimp so it gets coated. Then add half the shrimp at a time to a non-stick pan with oil. When the shrimp is pink, place it on a paper towel, and add orange juice, soy sauce, sherry, and oil into the pan. Let boil, then reduce. Add the shrimp back to the pan, and serve. The shrimp itself was really good, but my family and I did not love the sauce so we ate it with out. Next time I make it, I am making a orange-ginger sauce which will still compliment the sesame and shrimp. My sister made a quick tossed salad, and ta-da! dinner! (sorry for the poor quality of the picture, I used my sister's phone)

No comments:

Post a Comment