Wednesday, May 2, 2012

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back?

        On March 9th I got a concussion. It was mild, and I was told it would be gone with in about two weeks. It is now May 2nd, and I thought I was symptom free, but yesterday I went to leave art, and was so dizzy I felt like the room was spinning, and my head was pounding. I was sent home. I took a nap hoping when I woke up it would be gone. It wasn't completely, and today I still have a minor headache.  I hope it is just a one time thing, and Friday at my doctors appointment I will be cleared for gym class. This always happens to me! When ever I get hurt, it always has to drag out or have a complication. Last year, almost exactly a year before this concussion, on March 11th, I broke my wrist. I was in gym class and was placed in goal since I have bad feet. I was doing pretty well until someone kicked the ball really hard and hit my wrist. Next thing I know, I am knelt on the ground holding my wrist. The nurse couldn't see a break, and neither could the doctor on the X-ray, so I was given a brace to wear until it felt better. A month later, after two more x-rays and an MRI, I was told I needed immediate surgery otherwise the bone might die... My mom and I lost it, we thought it was so funny. Long story short, I had surgery where they but a permanent screw in, ended up in the ER that night, stayed the night for "Pain Management" and still have pain in my wrist. I guess I have bad luck when it comes to injuries? Lets just hope this concussion doesn't end up like two of my other issues, where I have them fixed or they heal, and yet over a year later, they are still a problem... My fingers are crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment