Friday, August 31, 2012

Flying Shoes

     I haven't had anything to say, so I didn't post anything. I know, not a good excuse. Anyway I have a story. I completely lost my mind today.
     Ok, so I had to go to an SAT tutor today, and I had forgotten to finish a couple problems, so right before we left, I was finishing them. We were in a slight rush, and instead of putting my shoes on inside, I grabbed them with my folder and calculator and phone, and ran to the car. In my haste, I dropped my calculator which came apart upon hitting the ground. I threw my stuff on the seat in the car, got down on the ground and searched for the batteries and cover piece. I got up, put my stuff on my lap in the car, and we left. I was stuck on a problem that I want to finished on the way there, so my focus was on that. We get there, and I go to put my shoes on to get out, but they are MIA. No shoes in the front seat, or the back, or the trunk... all I had was a pair of socks, and a few hundred feet to walk into a building. So... I went to my SAT tutor with no shoes on...
     We go home, and I expect to find my shoes sitting innocently on the ground in the garage, but again I find no shoes. Then I check inside but still can't fine them. Then I realize that when my calculator fell, I put the folder and phone in the car, but put the shoes on the roof of the car. I flipped out. I had not realized they were on top, gotten in the car and we had driven off... I had my brother  drive down the street, and go to the light, and make the turn to the next street, and there, three streets away, strewn on the side of the road are my shoes. They survived being thrown from the roof, and sitting there for two hours. I'm so lucky I found them, and that they were intact, as if they were gently placed on the street.
     Now the only thing I can think of is how crazy we must have looked sitting at the intersection with a pair of sperries on the roof of out car.

No comments:

Post a Comment