Friday, August 31, 2012

Stitch Fix

     I am Stitch Fix's newest fan. I have known about them for a while through other bloggers and friends, but was a bit skeptical. I decided to sign up and see what happens. A few weeks ago I filled in my style profile, picked a date for my shipment, and started to wait. Today a package was dropped off with a big Stitch Fix label on it. The fact that you have no idea what will be inside the box is really exciting, and makes it so much fun. I opened the box and there was an envelope with a list of what is in the package. Then I opened the tissue paper and there was a back twist front sweater, a green cowl-like neck shirt, a floral shirt, a box with a dainty pair of earrings in it, and a teal-ish dress. I wasn't disappointed, nor was I impressed. I looked at the earrings, and liked them, but they were slightly too small, and I didn't need them. Then the sweater... oy. It was just strange... I wish I had taken a picture. I just can't explain it. It was like a short sleeved black sweater that someone had twisted in the front. I didn't really understand it. Then there was the green shirt. It was really soft, and I didn't mind the neckline, but it was a weird length, like almost too long but not quite, and the fabric sat funny on me. Plus it was like an army-ish green which wasn't great. Next I tried on the floral shirt. I really liked it, but I wasn't sure of the pattern, and it was slightly too small so that it still looked good, but was not comfortable.  Lastly I tried the dress on. It was a really flattering style for me. It had a wrap like skirt, with a ruffle around the neck, and an elastic in the waist band. It was also a bit longer in length which I liked. So in all, I only kept the dress, but instead of being discouraged, I gave the website as much feedback as I could, and can not wait for my next fix!

No comments:

Post a Comment