Wednesday, December 15, 2010

"All I want for my birthday is to hangout with old people" PART II

After sitting down for dinner, our waiter came over.Before I continue, you have to know that Dicks Last Resort (the restaurant) is known for the waiters being mean to the customers. Its like a skit. The waiters are normally people who want to be actors. Ok, so our waiter came over and first asks if we had been there before, then if we know how the place works. Then he drops the place mats and silverware on the table. After asking for out drinks while saying things like "come on... I don't have all year."He left. The restaurant also has this one guy who his job is to be like a clown. He was dressed as a trashy Santa. He was hilarious. He was carrying around a bottle of some alcohol, and was pretending to be drunk.
Another thing about Dicks it that they don't have a physical menu to look at. it is on a chalk board in the front. So the waiter comes over, reads (shouts) the menu reallly quickly and says "ok, what do you want?" we were all like... uhhhhh.... Eventually we all order. The appetizers were yummmmy. We had nachos and the sampler. Finally our dinners came. I got the chicken. It came with veggies and mash. So there was what looked like a mini zucchini on top of the chicken. So with out turning it over, I cut it and stuck it in my mouth.... I spit it out after chewing for a second, and grabbed my water. It was a Jalapeño. I don't take spice very well... My mouth was on fire. My ear was stinging. I started freaking out. Water supposedly makes it worse, and milk is really the only thing that helps. I am lactose intolerance.... so that wouldn't work. I found some cole slaw that had a "milky" sauce. I ate about two bowls of it. The burning wouldn't go away. But it did calm down enough so I could eat some chicken. It was funny... but from now on I am always checking to see what kind of veggie I am eating. Another fun thing about the restaurant is that they give you bibs and hat that say funny things. Also since it was my birthday, My hat had balloons on it. :)   Ours read "All I want for my birthday is to hangout with old people", "I give myself hickeys to make boys like me", "I still wet the bed", "I fart when I laugh" and "I practice kissing on my stuffed animals."
     During dinner, one of the waiters kept walking by and either scaring E or popping one of the balloons on my hat. Anyway... After dinner, we had dessert. I WAS AMAZING. We got a brownie Sunday which was a brownie with a melted chocolate bar on top and vanilla ice cream on the side. We also got the pumpkin pie thing. I don't know what that was but it was delicious.

After we left the restaurant, we walked around a little bit. We went to Newbury Comics. We found some.... funny things. The best though was they had a TV screen with a camera on top, so you could see yourself on "TV".

After there, we wanted to get back to the car. On the way in, E and I found a little alley what is a way to get behind the stores to the streets. The first time we went thorough we felt like we were in Harry potter. When we went back through, we decided to yell DIAGON ALLEY!!! and take picture to prove we were there....

Then we met some people from Colorado who were really nice. They had asked about our beautiful hats. :). And of course my mom struck up a conversation with them. We ended up being in the same parking garage and rode up in the elevator with them. We then split up- AHL and My mom, E and I with my aunt. On the way back, my mom of course thought my aunt knew how to get home...which she of course didn't. So there were a lot of sudden calls and freaking out. We also had a great conversion with E and my Aunt about how E loves Jews and Boars... :) ..... At the light before my house, we decided to do a Chinese fire drill. For those who do not know what that is, it is when at a red light, everyone gets out of the car (except the driver normally) and leave the doors open. They run around the car a few times yelling at the told of their lungs, then when the light turns green, they get back in and drive off. So we got to the light, signaled to each other and got out, problem was E was on crutches... So she hoped around. The light turned green, and we all scrambled in- almost loosing a leg in the progress.

So The next post will be about the after party!!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment